Article Marketing Will Build Traffic
To Your Site If Done Properly
Tons of People Will Be Looking For You
Article marketing a powerful way to get free publicity and build your credibility at the same time.
If you've been on the Internet for a while, you've probably subscribed to a few ezines. Many ezine publishers will include an article written by a guest author. At the end of the article are a few lines of text about the author referred to as bylines or resource box. These lines of text are basically just an advertisement for the writer. They usually contain a couple of lines about the author and a web address.
Here is an example of a byline for article marketing:
is the author of the acclaimed web design course, Web Design Mastery. http://www.yourwebsite.com And, Ebook Starter - Give Your Ebooks the look and feel of a REAL book. http://www.yourwebsite.com Visit Web-Source.net to sign up for a complimentary subscription to Etips and receive a copy of the acclaimed ebook, "Killer Internet Marketing Strategies." http://www.yourwebsite.net.
The writer gives the publisher permission to publish their article, free of charge, in exchange for the publisher including the author's bylines. Learn to write like a professional.
By writing articles and allowing them to be freely published, your articles will have the potential to be viewed by millions of Internet users. They may be published by several ezines with subscriber bases of a few hundred to several thousand. In addition, using article marketing your articles may be displayed in ezine archives or on high traffic websites.
Article Marketing Formatting
Most ezine publishers prefer short articles between 500 and 750 words. Short "tip" articles of just a couple of paragraphs are also very popular. Articles should be formatted to 65 characters per line or less, including spaces, and written in short paragraph sections.
When you begin, avoid using your standard word processing programs, as they do not allow for proper formatting. Instead, use a text editor such as NotePad. It should already be installed on your desktop.
When you begin typing your article, use a hard carriage return (hit enter) when your text reaches 65 characters, including spaces, and leave a space between your paragraphs. This will enable publishers to easily copy and paste your article into their publication. By taking the time to properly format your article, you will increase your chance of being published significantly.
Getting Your Article Published
Most publishers receive many article submissions each week and only select a few to be published. Here are some basic guidelines to assist you with article marketing:
(1) Make sure you follow the publishers' submission guidelines. Articles submitted to publishers that don't follow the submission guidelines will most likely be deleted.
(2) Make sure your article is properly formatted. Publishers won't take the time to format your article. They'll simply delete it and move on to the next article submission.
(3) Keep your bylines down to 6 lines or less. Publishers will not publish articles that contain excessively long bylines.
(4) Select a descriptive title to intrigue your readers. Use a powerful headline that demands attention and try to keep it all on one line. (see my headline)
(5) Use proper grammar and spelling. Publishers will not take the time to edit your article. Make sure you read your article several times and use spellcheck.
(6) Avoid articles that are nothing more than a sales letter. Publishers want quality content and will simply delete an article that is written like a sales letter.
(7) Avoid referring readers to an affiliate URL. Articles containing affiliate links may make your article appear to be biased and untrustworthy.
(8) Write your articles with a sincere desire to teach and inform. Talk to your readers and share your expertise.
If you follow these steps you are almost assured to get published and start building credibility. This can simplify your ability to get traffic to your site. I like www.ezines.com and www.articlebase.com but there are hundreds of publishers that will take your articles.
Develop your list of publishers here for article marketing.